Funding Formula Analyses
Throughout the 2017 Connecticut legislative session, the Connecticut School Finance Project will be providing independent, nonpartisan analyses of every proposed school funding formula put before the General Assembly. Each analysis details the proposed formula's components and characteristics and highlights how the formula accounts for students with higher learning needs (ex. low-income students, English Learners, students with disabilities).
Additionally, each analysis provides a list of estimated state education funding per pupil under the proposed formula. Finally, every analysis examines the formula based on a series of equity metrics.
Below is a list of school funding formulas that have been officially proposed during the 2017 legislative session. Click on a bill number to open the analysis of the bill's proposed funding formula. For questions about an analysis, or for more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Governor Malloy's Proposed FY 2018-19 Biennial Budget
- Proposed School Finance Changes in Governor Malloy's FY 2018-19 Biennial Budget
- Model of Governor Malloy's Proposed ECS Formula for the FY 2018-19 Biennium
- Comparison of the Number of Students Eligible for FRPL Versus the Number of Students Eligible for HUSKY A
- Analysis of Governor Malloy's Special Education Funding Proposal for the FY 2018-19 Biennium
- Summary of Proposed Changes in the Governor's FY 2018-19 Budget for the Connecticut State Department of Education